Video ads are an effective way to capture the attention of Amazon shoppers and increase conversion rates. But a good video requires careful planning to make the most of your budget.
The types of Amazon video ads you can run on Amazon vary according to your product and customer needs, but they all share a common goal: to help shoppers find your products online. This can be done by using keywords, SEO, video ads and other ad formats that align with your goals and target market.
1. Amazon Sponsored Brand Videos: These ad units are available to professional sellers enrolled in the Amazon Brand Registry and appear on mobile and desktop search results pages. They automatically play as a user scrolls down the page and are muted until clicked on. The ad units can be resized to fit the space available and are one of the most cost-effective forms of advertising on Amazon, with some of the lowest ACoS (Advertising Cost of Sale) of any ad type.
2. Amazon Interactive Ads: These ad units allow users to interact with a video using their voice or TV remote. These ad units are currently in beta testing, but they can increase your visibility to customers who browse Amazon for movies, TV, music and other entertainment content.
3. Amazon OTT (Over-The-Top) Video Ads: These ad units are available to large brands who have a five-figure monthly advertising budget. These ad units are streaming media content that runs on devices such as smartphones, tablets and connected TVs. They can increase brand and product awareness as viewers notice them on free and subscription streaming services, and can lead to higher conversion rates.
4. Amazon Streaming TV Ads: These ad units are based on streaming signals and can help you find the most relevant customers in their purchasing journey on and off of Amazon, while increasing your reach and sales. These ad units can be viewed until completion, and are more effective for larger brands with a five-figure monthly advertising budget.
5. Panasonic’s “How to Use” Camera: This short Amazon video ad uses a mix of text and images to communicate the benefits of their camera. It also shows customers how to use the camera in different settings. The video ends with a call to action that directs viewers to the product page on Amazon to purchase.
6. Amazon Video Ads: The First 3 Seconds Are Critical to Capturing Shoppers’ Attention
You have only three seconds to capture the attention of your target audience, so the first few seconds should be spent grabbing their attention. This means addressing a pain point, asking a question or sharing something unique about your product that can be a trigger for the shopper.
You should use a variety of creative elements in your video ads, including graphics, images, text and sound to catch the attention of your potential customers. Ideally, the video should be no longer than 30 seconds to ensure that it conveys all of your product’s key features in a concise and compelling manner.